- RSS Channel Showcase 2662279
- RSS Channel Showcase 5283124
- RSS Channel Showcase 6831219
- RSS Channel Showcase 1593357
Articles on this Page
- 01/02/18--16:00: _Are You Snobbish Ab...
- 01/07/18--16:00: _One last chance to ...
- 01/07/18--16:00: _Why 2018 is the Yea...
- 01/07/18--16:00: _Ensure and Insure: ...
- 01/07/18--16:00: _The Essential Readi...
- 01/16/18--16:00: _Why Writers Must Us...
- 01/28/18--16:00: _Oops! Did You Forge...
- 01/29/18--16:00: _How to Become a Bet...
- 01/29/18--16:00: _Create Your Own Pro...
- 01/30/18--16:00: _Take a FREE copy of...
- 01/23/18--16:00: _5 Best Alternatives...
- 02/18/18--16:00: _Where Has Your Day ...
- 02/18/18--16:00: _7 Things to Master ...
- 02/18/18--16:00: _How NOT to Negotiat...
- 02/18/18--16:00: _A Copywriter's Guid...
- 02/18/18--16:00: _Link Building with ...
- 02/18/18--16:00: _The Essential Readi...
- 02/18/18--16:00: _Style Guide: Why Yo...
- 02/18/18--16:00: _Belief, Emotional I...
- 02/19/18--16:00: _The Perfect Grammar...
- 01/02/18--16:00: Are You Snobbish About Self-Publishing?
- 01/07/18--16:00: One last chance to get 2017 prices on ProWritingAid Premium
- 01/07/18--16:00: Why 2018 is the Year for Writers
- 01/07/18--16:00: Ensure and Insure: Aren’t They Interchangeable?
- 01/07/18--16:00: The Essential Reading List: Sci-Fi
- 01/29/18--16:00: How to Become a Better Copywriter
- 01/29/18--16:00: Create Your Own ProWritingAid Report: The Combo Report
- 01/23/18--16:00: 5 Best Alternatives to Acrolinx for your Content Optimization
- 02/18/18--16:00: Where Has Your Day Gone? 7 Time Management Tools for Writers
- 02/18/18--16:00: A Copywriter's Guide To 3 Profitable Content Side Hustles
- 02/18/18--16:00: Link Building with Like-Minded Bloggers
- 02/18/18--16:00: The Essential Reading List: Historical Fiction
- 02/18/18--16:00: Style Guide: Why You Need One & How to Create It
- 02/18/18--16:00: Belief, Emotional Involvement, Clarity: What Every Character Needs
- 02/19/18--16:00: The Perfect Grammar Cheat Sheet [infographic]
Do you think all self-publishing is merely vanity projects? Are you worried anyone can slap a few words on a page and click on publish to become a published author? Do you also fear any self-publishing company will publish an e-book or spit out print books no matter the quality of writing?
When you meet an author, is your first question, "Who was your publisher?" And when they tell you they self-published, is your knee-jerk reaction their book wasn’t good enough to be picked up by even a mediocre publishing house?
Our editing tool is now leaps and bounds better than anything else on the market, but we've kept our price far below everyone else in the industry. We still won't charge as much as our competitors, but our prices should reflect the quality of our product. We hope you understand.
In 2018, people will consume more content than ever before. Books in any form are the gateway to learning and knowledge. The most successful business men and women set aside time daily for reading both non-fiction and fiction.
To tap into the new wave of opportunities for writers in 2018, here are 4 trends to watch.
English users sometimes confuse insure with an "I" and ensure with an "E". Don’t they both mean to "make certain" or "make sure"?
We culled some of the biggest reader polls from Goodreads and National Public Radio’s Books. The following top 25 best Science Fiction books ever published were voted on by thousands of devoted science fiction readers.
Everyone has an opinion on the proper way toilet paper should unspool. But the chances of alienating or damaging the relationship with your readers over this subject is very low.
Choosing a topic with low-level controversy doesn’t mean something ridiculous or banal. It does mean choosing something with differing opinions that you can support with facts and/or experiences. Find a topic that is timely, interesting, and relevant to your audience without being offensive.
“Why isn’t anyone buying my book? Is it not good enough? Am I a terrible writer? "Should I give up forever?"
Of course not. It's just that you didn't launch your book. You didn't ceremoniously rocket it out into the world so that everyone noticed it.
It's not too late! Here's what you need to know:
Google “How to Become a Better Copywriter.” You’ll get about 512,000 responses ranging from “How to Become A Master Copywriter in Just One Year” to “How to Become a World-Class Copywriter in One Month of Less.” It seems everywhere you turn, someone has an opinion on how easy—or hard—becoming a better copywriter is.
Did you know that you can create your very own ProWritingAid report? The Combo Report lets you select a combination of reports so you can focus on areas you know are weaknesses. For example, a Combo Report could run checks on overused words, sentence length, writing style, and sticky sentences if those are areas you commonly need to address.
The beauty of the Combo Report is that you select what reports you want included. There are 27 options from which to choose.
Turn Yourself into a Prosperous Copywriter is our way of tipping our hat to all those who earn a good living as a copywriter. Years of copywriting experience went into each chapter of this book. We hope you find nuggets of gold in these pages.
Acrolinx is an authoring and content optimization tool that combines terminology management, grammar checking and style checking. The key benefits of using an authoring system such as Acrolinx for your company are:Better customer experience of your contentFewer customer support calls Greater customer satisfactionLower costs for copyediting and translationFewer embarrassing errors in your documentationFaster time to market for your content
Freelance writing can be a bit of a roller coaster ride. There are times when the work and the deadlines are almost unmanageable. Then there are those slow times, when other work can be done – updating a website, writing more posts for a personal blog, revising social media profiles, bookkeeping, etc.
While journalism is collapsing, content marketing is thriving. If you already have strong writing and other journalistic skills, like writing accurately and objectively with the inverted pyramid structure, reporting, verifying, and interviewing, you definitely can master content marketing. The storytelling and the objective parts between journalism and content marketing writing are similar and, quite often, you'd need to interview sources as well.
Negotiating with new clients is always challenging, even more so when you’re just about to close a deal with only one discussion point left: your rate. We get it; naming your price can be tricky business and not many people know how to effectively negotiate.
As a writer, earning a sustainable income as a copywriter is the dream.
When you do it the right way, link building is one of the best ways to boost your following.
If search engine algorithms notice more and more links going back to your web page, your web page will start to take priority on relevant searches. And if your links are attached to engaging, helpful content, you’ll intrigue human audiences as well. When you create backlinks by engaging with like-minded bloggers, however, you’re doing more than simply putting your webpage out there.
If you are anything like us, your favorite way to learn about history is by immersing yourself in a fictional world shaped by actual events. For this list, we specifically chose works covering events or time periods over 30 years before the time of writing.
Every brand needs content, lots of it. When you have several cooks in the kitchen, resulting meals can look and taste quite different from each other. For your brand’s reputation and image, you need to make sure all written communications follow your style guide.
We’re continuing our monthly instalment series on creating amazing characters using Orson Scott Card’s seminal book, Elements of Fiction Writing: Characters & Viewpoint. This month, we cover the three elements every characters needs and why you must deliver.
This infographic provides a compact visual guide to common mistakes that writers make. Banish these grammar errors for tighter, clearer writing.