Articles on this Page
- 12/10/18--16:00: _How to Use the ProW...
- 12/10/18--16:00: _Big Savings for Bla...
- 12/17/18--16:00: _3 Ways to Trim Your...
- 12/17/18--16:00: _Strategically Plan ...
- 12/17/18--16:00: _Use the Inverted Py...
- 12/17/18--16:00: _Write Without Adverbs
- 12/17/18--16:00: _What is a Collocati...
- 12/26/18--16:00: _How to Write a Best...
- 12/26/18--16:00: _3 Ways to Find a Wr...
- 12/26/18--16:00: _Business Writing: T...
- 12/26/18--16:00: _What are Compound W...
- 12/26/18--16:00: _Why You Should Writ...
- 12/26/18--16:00: _An Author's Voice a...
- 01/01/19--16:00: _What did the World ...
- 01/07/19--16:00: _What Writing Advice...
- 01/07/19--16:00: _Top Ten Writing Too...
- 01/07/19--16:00: _Why You Need Plagia...
- 01/07/19--16:00: _Greatest Fictional ...
- 01/07/19--16:00: _New Novelist? Plan ...
- 01/08/19--16:00: _Why Freelance Write...
- 12/10/18--16:00: How to Use the ProWritingAid Sentence Structure Report
- 12/10/18--16:00: Big Savings for Black Friday
- 12/17/18--16:00: 3 Ways to Trim Your Online Content
- 12/17/18--16:00: Strategically Plan Your Novels for Next Year
- 12/17/18--16:00: Use the Inverted Pyramid to Make Your Point
- 12/17/18--16:00: Write Without Adverbs
- 12/17/18--16:00: What is a Collocation Dictionary?
- 12/26/18--16:00: How to Write a Best-Selling Novel
- 12/26/18--16:00: 3 Ways to Find a Writers' Group
- 12/26/18--16:00: Business Writing: The Lucrative Side of Writing
- 12/26/18--16:00: What are Compound Words?
- 12/26/18--16:00: Why You Should Write Daily—Even if You Hate Writing
- 12/26/18--16:00: An Author's Voice and How to Find It
- 01/01/19--16:00: What did the World Read in 2018?
- 01/07/19--16:00: What Writing Advice Really Means
- 01/07/19--16:00: Top Ten Writing Tools of 2019
- 01/07/19--16:00: Why You Need Plagiarism Checks to Keep Search Engines Happy
- 01/07/19--16:00: Greatest Fictional Worlds Ever Created
- 01/07/19--16:00: New Novelist? Plan Your 2019
- 01/08/19--16:00: Why Freelance Writers Should Avoid Job Boards Like the Plague
Our new Sentence Structure report analyzes how you start each sentence in your text and compares your usage of different sentence structures to published texts in your genre. Here's how to use it.
Have you been thinking about upgrading to ProWritingAid Premium? Now is the time!
Economy is essential to writing good online content. Yet sometimes, especially with complex topics, it’s tempting to carry on. If you need to trim your content, here are a few ways to do it.
Regardless of where you are on the spectrum of "becoming an author," you need a plan for your business. And, believe me, treating your writing like a business will help you make more of it than just a time-sucking hobby. Let's turn 2019 into your year for publishing by making a plan.
Use the inverted pyramid to increase engagement, boost SEO, and escalate your social media presence. This is a time-tested writing style that gets to the point.
The correct use of adverbs can make your prose shine. Learn how to decide which adverbs to keep and which to eliminate.
Do you know what a collocation dictionary is? Well, for starters, it's a great tool for writers! To learn more, read this article.
Want to write a bestselling novel? Check out these 11 tips.
Looking for a writers' group? Here's how to find the right fit for you.
What are the keys to successful business writing? Find out in this post.
Do you know the true definition of a compound word? Find out in this post.
Writing daily is one of the best ways to improve your work. We'll show you why in this article.
Every writer has a "voice." It's a unique signature that combines the use of diction, punctuation, and syntax.
Is this "voice" identical with writing style? How can a new writer cultivate his or her own unique voice? If you already have an author's voice, what can you do to polish it and take it to the next level? Read this article to find out!
We may be watching more Netflix than ever, but the world continued to read victoriously in 2018.
Global English Editing have compiled this mega infographic on world reading habits in 2018. They look at who has read the most, what they read, as well as lots of other fascinating insights into the reading landscape.
Check it out:
The best writers listen, learn, and take advice from others. Whether it comes from a seasoned author or your Aunt Betsy who knows little about writing, the same pieces of writerly wisdom pop up repeatedly. This advice can be well-meaning, but what do these common adages really mean? We examine them.
New year, new writing apps! Best-selling author Louise Dean is back with a list of the best writing apps you can use in 2019.
As a writer, the worst thing you can do (both ethically and in terms of content promotion) is copy someone else’s work. Sometimes, though, writers accidentally get a little too close. That’s when the plagiarism check at ProWritingAid comes in handy.
We scoured half a dozen sites to find the most-loved fictional worlds that showed up consistently in readers’ votes. Here are the top 10 greatest fictional worlds ever created.
Starting a novel? Now is the time to set your course for the new year. Writing a novel is a lot of work, but the right mindset and action will get you there.
Every freelancer starts in the exact same place: job boards. Job boards are the easiest place to get started, picking up a few jobs when no one, nowhere, knows who you are or what you do. But there's a problem. Stick with them too long, and you risk jeopardizing your freelancing future. Here's why, and what to do instead.